VR Fitness Summit 2020
Prize pool: $590 AUD
Competition Rules: ( See below )
Game download: Steam SideQuest
Help & Support: Manual Discord-chat
MarineVerse Cup ‘VR Fitness Summit’ Competition
Conditions of Entry
Promotion: ‘VR Fitness Summit’ Competition 2020
Promoter: MarineVerse ( ABN 89 616 895 820 )
Promotion Partners: The Virtual Athletics League(VAL), KA Sail / WASZP
Promotional Period: 10 August - 6h September
Eligible entrance: Entry is open to participants who are 13 years and over, except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies. Entrants must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter if between the ages of 13 and 17 years old.
How to Enter:
To enter the competition, the entrant must:
Register & Setup
- Complete the entry form https://www.vrfitsummit.com/tournaments/marineverse-cup by 22nd August 2020. All details filled out must be correct and true to the person completing the form. AND;
- Have or create a MarineVerse account: https://www.marineverse.com/get-invite?source=cup
- Install MarineVerse Cup from Steam or SideQuest/Oculus
Race in Qualifier 1
Submit a race entry in MarineVerse Cup: “Dinghy Daily Race August 22, 2020” ( entries open on August 22, 2020 06:03 UTC and close on August 23, 2020 05:59 UTC )
- If after logging in to MarineVerse Cup, you don’t have access to “Dinghy” league - contact MarineVerse asking for access at [email protected] at least 1h before the end of “Dinghy Daily Race August 22, 2020”.
- Top 100 entries from “Dinghy Daily Race August 22, 2020” will qualify to the next round. ( Qualifier 2 )
Race in Qualifier 2
- If qualified, you will be contacted by MarineVerse team by e-mail. Submit a race entry to “Daily Race August 29, 2020” as directed by MarineVerse.
- Top 20 entries from “Daily Race August 29, 2020” will qualify to a “live finals”.
- If qualified, compete in live multiplayer races that will start on 4th September ( 12AM UTC, 10AM GMT+10 ) and will take between 1h to 3h to complete ( in total ). MarineVerse will provide sailing and how to enter the multiplayer game instructions before the 4th September.
The live competition will be run in the following format:
- Participants will be randomly assigned into groups of 6.
- For each group, we will run 3 multiplayer races. After each race, players will be awarded points.
- Once all groups have run 3 races, we will select a “final group” of 6 from the top sailors based on the points accumulated. ( In case we only had 1 group in the final, we will only run 3 races to determine the winners )
- The final group will compete in 3 races that will determine the competition result.
Entries permitted: Only one (1) eligible entry per person will be accepted into the competition.
Prize Description: There are a total of 6 (six) prizes on offer under the categories of First Place, Second Place, Third Place, Fourth Place, Fifth Place and Six Place.
- First place: $200 AUD in Steam credits ( 2x AUD100 Steam Wallet Card )
- Second place: $150 AUD in Steam credits ( 1x AUD100 Steam Wallet Card + 1x AUD50 Steam Wallet Card )
- Third place: $100 AUD in Steam credits ( 1x AUD100 Steam Wallet Card )
- Fourth place: $70 AUD in Steam credits ( 1x AUD50 Steam Wallet Card + 1x AUD20 Steam Wallet Card )
- Fifth place: $50 AUD in Steam credits ( 1x AUD50 Steam Wallet Card )
- Sixth place: $20 AUD in Steam credits ( 1x AUD20 Steam Wallet Card )
Winner notification: The winner will be contacted by email within fourteen (14) days of the competition period.
Unclaimed Prizes: In the event of an unclaimed prize, MarineVerse may at its discretion assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry, conduct a further judging to award the prize, or withdraw the prize unawarded. MarineVerse is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
Terms & Conditions
Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry and that entry into the Competition is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by Promoter (MarineVerse) and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period, in accordance with timeframes specified.
Participants will use an up to date version of MarineVerse Cup software, as specified by MarineVerse.
Participants will not cheat, including but not limited, by modifying or tampering with MarineVerse Cup software.
Participants accept and will follow MarineVerse Cup Rules & Code of Conduct.
- If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
All judging will be performed based on players skills, automatically by MarineVerse Cup software and MarineVerse team, based on results from MarineVerse Cup software.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- Entrants' personal information will be collected by the Promoter and it's Partners. Personal information will be stored on the Promoter's database. The Promoter may use this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant electronically.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
All material submitted on entry (e.g. Display & User Name) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter and MarineVerse of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter and MarineVerse, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter and/or MarineVerse, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to MarineVerse, and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The MarineVerse will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. MarineVerse reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter and MarineVerse will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the MarineVerse pursuant to this paragraph. The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the MarineVerse will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the MarineVerse for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regard to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
Virtual Reality esports can be an intense physical experience. Do not enter the competition without following all terms of service, guardian warnings, and other safety measures as outlined in the individual device warnings and manufacturers. Participants who are not able to participate in robust physical exercise should not enter the competition. VR esports is a fun activity, exercise the same caution as regular sports.
MarineVerse is not responsible for any injury incurred while participating in the MarineVerse Cup Competition.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.